5 Best Foods with Protein for Gym Hitting Non-Vegetarians
September 10, 2017
Unlike vegetarians and vegans, meat eaters have a variety of food that has rich protein content in it. Apart from the vegetables and lentils that are good source of proteins, here are five best foods packed with proteins for those pumping the irons hard.
- Chicken – Chicken is a clear winner for those who crave for protein that is affordable and within the budget. Chicken is the best source of animal protein and the additional benefit is, it is a lean meat.
- Eggs – Eggs as a matter of fact are more wholesome. They have the necessary protein and also are packed with essential good cholesterol that boosts your metabolism. Eggs are also packed with additional nutrients like minerals and essential vitamins making it one of the whole foods.
- Red Meat – Any meat like mutton, beef, and pork are classified as red meat due to its content of dietary fat too along with protein. Besides providing the necessary protein they also provide a whole host of dietary fat and iron.
- Sea Food – Sea foods are very high in protein. Also they are known to contain Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids which are a good source of good fat or good cholesterol which is required for the proper functioning of heart muscles.
- Milk Products – Though actually an animal product, it is consumed most vegetarians but not vegans who strictly avoid animal products in any form. Milk products like milk, curd, yogurt, buttermilk, butter, clarified butter and the different varieties of cheese are a boon to body builders. They provide the necessary calcium too which helps in making our bones stronger and in the process also building robust muscles.
Many researches are pointing to the fact that human beings evolution is closely linked to animal derived food as our early ancestors were hunter gatherers. Hence animal proteins are definitely a good source of protein for not just body builders but for all who want stronger muscles.
Tags: animal protein for body buildinganimal proteins for gym goersprotein source for non-vegetarians